MBH ARCHITECTURE, Holiday Contest
- December 19, 2019
- Nick W
- No Comments
Thank you for participating in this year’s holiday design contest. This is the first year we have done gingerbread buildings. Most of you have already gotten your kit which I put on the center island this morning. We have 5 different designs for you to choose from: Log Cabin, Barn, Whimsical, Manor, and Traditional. We will be following rules similar to the holiday baking competition shows that you see on the Food Network or the Cooking Channel. All ingredients besides the base & functioning lights must be edible. You are allowed to buy or make additional panels and supplies to spruce up your design.
Gingerbread Building Design
Please follow the Holiday Baking Championship Rules:
1. Maximum: Site and building must fit inside a 2’-0” x 2’-0” x 2’-0” Cube
2. Bases can be metal, foam board, card board, or wood.
3. Site Elements such as sidewalks and trees are encouraged.
4. You are allow to make or buy additional edible site elements.
5. Ground covering must be of edible materials such as fondant, coconut shavings, or etc.
1. Gingerbread structures must be constructed mainly of gingerbread and icing.
2. Use Edible Glue: Royal icing, melted candy, edible sugar glue, or gum paste are just a few examples.
3. Styrofoam and other support materials are not permitted to hold up your house.
4. No non-edible glues can be used such as: hot glue, craft glue, Wood glue, super glue, rubber cement, glue dots, polyurethane, or epoxy just to name a few of the off limits types of glue.
1. All components of the display, except for the base, must be made of edible materials.
2. Edible materials include candy, nuts, cereal, cookies, crackers, pasta, and other food items that do not include wrappers or sticks.
3. Wrappers should be removed from candy and other decorations.
1. Some of you have asked if lights are allowed. Yes
2. If using string lights the power source must be hidden.
3. If using a bulb the light must come up from the base and be hidden in the gingerbread building.
1. You are allowed to bring in your building as soon as December 2nd.
2. Buildings must be displayed no later than Monday December 9th at 5PM.
3. All participants will be given a number when they turn in their building to me for display.
1. Everyone will be eligible to vote. Voting will take place on December 13 with the winner being announced at the Holiday Party.
2. Further instructions on voting to follow.
Bring your A game.
This should be a fun competition. We will have the Gingerbread scattered throughout the office to help with the decorations.